Tuesday, August 28, 2012

A New Day


It’s funny how you start to view your closet differently once you know you won’t be adding anything to it! I feel like I have become so creative and have found so many different ways to wear things! It’s amazing that one decision can make things look so different…I even ironed this week! Haha I have NEVER ironed before! Now I feel the need to make my things look nice and to make sure that I am taking the best care of them so that I don’t ruin them or shrink them! It’s already such a freeing project! I know that it won’t be easy for me but that’s okay, those moments are when growth takes place and I’m good with that. We are so blessed aren’t we? The fact that I have hundreds of outfit options is just crazy! Some people literally have the clothes on their back and that’s it. For me, I’ve gotten to the point where I just don’t want to add excess to the already excessive. I want to stop, look and be entirely grateful for what I have been given-not taking any of it for granted. Ultimately none of it belongs to me; if I were asked to give it all up; I only hope that my answer would be “Yes” with a humble heart. It’s an everyday battle to put my selfishness behind me and I can’t do it without God’s grace and understanding.

Fun picture for the day! I am heading to NYC this weekend to visit a great friend and thought this was a really neat packing guide! J

No comments:

Post a Comment