Thursday, December 6, 2012

A New Book

I just ordered a new trilogy of books that I am very excited about... the series is called The Reluctant Prophet. It's about a woman who is nudged by God to go into the darkest parts of St. Augustine, FL and be Jesus to the prostitutes in that community. Like getting down and washing their feet type of service... The comments I have read about these books thus far seem to be fitting along with what I am wrestling with in my own life. One question asked in the book (when her definition of "Christian" is challenged) "Is it only those who have answered an altar call and prayed the Sinner’s Prayer and have agreed to follow the plan for salvation? Could people who unintentionally live as Jesus did, perhaps without being able to put it into words, be included under the category of “Christian?” Lately, I have found myself asking questions similar to this one, I am excited to start reading these books and following her journey.

I know I haven't written much on the blog about my clothing hiatus but I think it's been almost 4 months and God has been teaching me so much. I never thought that just giving up shopping would make me start to see Jesus in a whole new way, that it would re-define Christianity for me and draw me so much closer to my Savior. I am continuing to re-mix my wardrobe and think about the kind of style and clothes that I will buy once this is over BUT the challenge has really just put my emphasis on other things in life that are more important and I am super grateful for that!

Another thought from the book....

No comments:

Post a Comment